Friday, January 7, 2011

I Suck in Manual.

Ok, so I'm having a rough time with taking pictures in full-out manual.  I have a basic understanding of what I'm supposed to do, but I am totally not fast enough with changing my settings to catch anything before she moves.  I also hate that when I move even a fraction to the left (or right, or up, or down - you get the idea...), the light changes, and I then have to change my settings. I'm sticking with it because I hear that shooting in manual is the awesomeness (think:  clouds parting, the lights shining down, and the angels singing) once you get the hang of it, but in the meantime, don't have high expectations for photos from me...  (and I can't promise that if I want a good picture to not switch over to aperture priority from time to time until I get the hang of it!).  ;-)

At any rate, here are a few photos I took this week in manual.  These are all SOOC (straight out of the camera - for you followers who are not on the Photography board).  My trial with Lightroom (photo editing software - for those of you wondering WTF Lightroom is...) just ended, and we ordered it last weekend, but it's still not here yet.  I'm kind of experiencing Lightroom withdrawal at the moment, so bear with me on some of these pictures.  I'm hoping that things will improve once I:

A)  Get (significantly) better with manual - haha
and
B)  Get Lightroom safe in my house and back on my computer.  I swear I'm already addicted.  Adobe is pretty smart with that 30-day free trial...

Casual days at home:
























A day out with Grandma!  (Terrible exposure and some white balance issues on this one, but editing will have to wait til next week when I get Lightroom.  I hope I can fix it some!)

1 comment:

  1. You do not suck! Just keep practicing and practicing. It takes lots of time :) -EMTX

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a high school English teacher turned stay-at-home-mom. The more time I spend home with my daughter, the less I want to go back to teaching (although I love it and miss it). I have a new interest/passion/obsession with photography, and while I know I have a very, very long way to go, I am completely loving my new-found hobby. I am completely Disney obsessed (and a former Disney World Cast Member). For those familiar with the Disney lingo - I worked in Entertainment. Best friends with Mickey Mouse. Is there a better job in existance? I would argue no. Well, ok. Staying home with my sweet girl ranks up there pretty high. Although, when I get to merge my loves (Disneyland + Bella), it's pretty much my idea of heaven.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP