Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mama and Bella Weekend - AKA: Don't forget to change your ISO!

About a week ago, Bella and I made our way up to Phoenix sans Dada, who was in brewing heaven for two days, brewing two batches of beer.  Impressive, but still not quite so much as the weekend Bella and I went to Disneyland for a girls' trip with my family, and Ray pulled out the ultimate quad brew weekend.

At any rate, Bella and I went to Phoenix for birthday party extravaganzas (two in one day!), dinner with Papa (my dad) and also my stepmom, stepsister, and her boyfriend, and then finally the next day, breakfast with her other grandpa (well, one of her other grandpas), lunch with Auntie Jenn, and then I was off to a bridal shower while Bella and Auntie Jenn had a grand afternoon planned.  Whew!  Are you as exhausted reading all that as I was living it?  Probably not.  =) 

In the midst of all that, at one of the aforementioned birthday parties, Bella and I got some park time in.  I kind of felt bad because I barely saw any of my family members at this party, but if there's a park with swings and slides, I wish you the best of luck trying to do anything with Bella that does not involve swinging or sliding.  Needless to say, there was a lot of this going on:






Bella was having the time of her life in the swings and going down the slide at least 245 times.  At least.  And I was having a blast taking pictures of her!  I missed focus a few times on the swings, and I wasn't at all thrilled with how the slide pictures turned out, but I was loving some of the swing pictures that I captured. 

After we got home from our whirlwind adventure on Sunday night, and Bella was sound asleep in her crib, I couldn't wait to upload these photos to edit them.  I was looking at them and thought they looked...  off.  Then I noticed the settings.  ISO 1600.  Ahhhh!  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, basically I forgot to switch it to a lower ISO.  You use high ISO in low light (like indoors without a lot of light), but it can make photos more grainy, and especially if you do much editing to them.  Outdoors in good light, you should be able to use ISO 100 or 200, which is what I should have been using.  So, my awesome pictures weren't as awesome as I thought they were.  I was able to get rid of some of the noise, but I was seriously bummed that they weren't as good as they could have been.

Oh well.  Live and learn.  It has made me a little more aware of my ISO, and hopefully someday I'll stop doing that.

At any rate, high ISO or not, I still captured some great memories with my daughter at the park.  And that really is all that matters.  And Isabella still loved her swings, regardless of my ISO woes. 





Oh yeah, and we did pry her away from the swings and the slide for a few minutes at least to see some family.  She's got my Uncle John wrapped around her cute little finger.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a high school English teacher turned stay-at-home-mom. The more time I spend home with my daughter, the less I want to go back to teaching (although I love it and miss it). I have a new interest/passion/obsession with photography, and while I know I have a very, very long way to go, I am completely loving my new-found hobby. I am completely Disney obsessed (and a former Disney World Cast Member). For those familiar with the Disney lingo - I worked in Entertainment. Best friends with Mickey Mouse. Is there a better job in existance? I would argue no. Well, ok. Staying home with my sweet girl ranks up there pretty high. Although, when I get to merge my loves (Disneyland + Bella), it's pretty much my idea of heaven.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP